Are you obsessed with creating digital experiences that improve everyday lives? Would you thrive working in a multidisciplinary studio of product designers, interaction designers, ethnographers, art directors, architects, and developers?
We’re looking for a top-tier, forward thinking UX designer that embraces research and collaboration to achieve the best results. The UX Design team is responsible for understanding and designing digital and physical experiences — from discovery to generative and evaluative research to final product or program delivery.
Ziba has been in the innovation business for near four decades. We believe that UX starts and ends with the human experience, and we obsessively craft every touchpoint we create from digital to service, to retail and physical products.
Join our team of creative leaders who have envisioned the first USB key, the first wearable fitness device, the first retail bank, and many other everyday breakthroughs that are too confidential include in this job posting.
- An effective communicator and leader
- A mentor and passionate about coaching members of your team
- A force of optimism, comfortable with the ambiguity that often exists in the early stages of innovation
- A champion for accessibility best practices
- Comfortably take point as the UX design expert and provide insights and support to project teams
- Work iteratively and collaboratively with teams to deliver research, concept generation, evaluation, and synthesis
- Participate in and execute design research efforts, discovery efforts (e.g., usability testing, interviews, focus groups, heuristic evaluations, co-design activities, contextual inquiries, ethnographic research, surveys, card sorting)
- Recommend thoughtful user-centered research approaches and methodologies
- Interact daily with Creative Directors, designers as well as research peers to understand and inform your designs
- 5+ years of experience in UX design
- A strong UX design background, and are familiar with UX research methodologies
- A track record of working with design, research and technical teams to deliver experiences
- Mastery of mapping, collaborative and design tools
How we’ll support you:
As a Sr. UX Designer at Ziba, you will be invited to utilize your existing experience and skills in the pursuit of innovative and effective design solutions. In return, we will help you grow professionally through peer mentorship and challenge you with compelling work in an environment of constant learning and exploration.
What to send us:
- A link to your portfolio and one-page résumé
- A brief introduction letter listing a few of your favorite user experiences and why you love them
- At least one project case study showing your design process from beginning to end, including a summary of how insights influenced the final result
- Links to interactive prototypes that demonstrate your design intent
What we offer:
- Medical, dental, vision, HSA, and life insurance benefits are standard
- Flexible work schedule
- Unlimited FTO policy, plus a generous holiday policy (6 paid holidays + the week between December 25th - January 1st off)
- 401k matching
- Incentive plan for profit sharing
- Family leave plan
Our innovative and effective employee initiatives have earned recognition with the prestigious When Work Works Award. Read more here.
Interested? Reach out! We always love to connect: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ziba Design is an equal opportunity employer and eagerly awaiting BIPOC applications.