Account / Business Development DirectorPortland
Ziba is looking for an account / business development director with a passion for design and helping clients achieve their goals. This role is responsible for providing both strategic and tactical leadership across client engagements. The account / business development director is able to identify a client’s business needs and work with both the client and Ziba cross-disciplinary teams to understand, define, and build effective and innovative solutions that generate measurable results. This role is for someone who is as much a leader as they are a communicator and mentor.
The ability to read between the lines and hear what is not being said is at the core of this role and an ability to solicit information and facilitate its transfer consistently and correctly across the various project communication channels is a key skill of any successful account / business development director. Contributing to Ziba’s values, you will thrive when faced with new challenges and will constantly strive to improve the way things are done for our clients.
- Be responsible for overall account management, account growth, and leadership of cross-functional teams to develop approaches that meet the business goals of our clients
- Participate in strategic development of new business through identification, pursuit and conversion of additional opportunities for Ziba
- Lead proposal and budget development for inbound and outbound opportunities
- Consistently identify needs that clients may not recognize and ensure that approaches and solutions are linked to objectives and future needs
- Responsible for developing overall engagement strategy and working with discipline leads and project teams to execute on plans, involving people at the right time for collaboration
- Expand contacts with key client executives and maintain strong post-engagement relationships, as well as introduce new opportunities accordingly while providing meaningful contribution to new business
- Manage account profitability by negotiating statements of work, ensuring work is delivered on budget, and invoicing clients according to the proper terms in a timely and accurate manner
- Work with the creative team to effectively and efficiently plan and prioritize all deliverables and resources working across the account based on engagement strategy
- Seasoned in a client services organization, on accounts within a top tier agency or consulting firm
- Experienced in managing long term engagements with multiple project tracks and teams while anticipating, defusing and resolving any conflict effectively
- Experienced in managing and setting client expectations through the understanding of the client’s business, whatever market sector, and ability to discuss professionally with the client
- Experienced at understanding aligning consumer goals and business goals
- A strong presenter, with the ability to conceive, prepare, author and give key presentations to clients and large numbers of people, as well as manage question-and-answer sessions
- Able to work in our Portland, OR office at least 74% of the time (once reopened)
What to send us:
- A résumé
- A brief introduction letter explaining why you are a good fit for this role
- Salary target
Interested? Reach out! We always love to connect: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ziba Design is an equal opportunity employer and eagerly awaiting BIPOC applications.